If you're going to spend a week with SuNica, it may be necessary to shift your paradigm. More than any actual work you may do, your greatest takeaway will come from standing in solidarity with people in genuine, sometimes desperate need. You might not be able to change Nicaragua in one week, but Nicaragua is sure to change you.
What to Expect
While we may spend a day or two doing a service project, your mindset during a SuNica trip should be that of a student. You can assume that you'll go where God wants you to go, do what someone else asks you to do, and try to eat what's put in front of you.
You'll be introduced to different types of people and exposed to some very authentic environments. We want you to experience an unfiltered Nicaragua and understand some of the complexities that come with working in a different country.
During a SuNica trip, we want you to:
- Build new friendships with our Nicaraguan staff
- Visit each of the diverse communities where SuNica is serving
- See material poverty in a very real way, and gain a better understanding of how spiritual poverty is an equal contributor to human brokenness
- Meet, interact with, and live out the Gospel with the children participating in SuNica's Discipleship and Education programs
- Lend a hand with one of the projects, alongside SuNica staff and the people of that community
We'd love for you to come home as an advocate for SuNica. We hope more than anything that you would return home inspired to do something about spiritual & material poverty, if not with SuNica, then perhaps with another ministry, or even in your own neighborhood.
- Hope Middle School Soccer - June 29-July 6, 2019
- Oak City Church Youth - July 11-18, 2019
- Christ The King Church Youth - July 20-27, 2019
- Dental Trip - August 2-10, 2019
- Staff Leadership Training - August 11-16, 2019
- Hope Community Church / Construction Trip - Dates TBD
- Hope Community Church / Family Trip - Late Summer/Early Fall 2019
- Restoration Covenant Trip - Fall 2019
- Bridgepoint Church - November 2-8, 2019
- OCC Family Trip - Fall 2019