If you're going to spend a week with SuNica, it may be necessary to shift your paradigm. More than any actual work you may do, your greatest takeaway will come from standing in solidarity with people in genuine, sometimes desperate need. You might not be able to change Nicaragua in one week, but Nicaragua is sure to change you.
What to Expect
While we may spend a day or two doing a service project, your mindset during a SuNica trip should be that of a student. You can assume that you'll go where God wants you to go, do what someone else asks you to do, and try to eat what's put in front of you.
You'll be introduced to different types of people and exposed to some very authentic environments. We want you to experience an unfiltered Nicaragua and understand some of the complexities that come with working in a different country.
During a SuNica trip, we want you to:
- Build new friendships with our Nicaraguan staff
- Visit each of the diverse communities where SuNica is serving
- See material poverty in a very real way, and gain a better understanding of how spiritual poverty is an equal contributor to human brokenness
- Meet, interact with, and live out the Gospel with the children participating in SuNica's Discipleship and Education programs
- Lend a hand with one of the projects, alongside SuNica staff and the people of that community
We'd love for you to come home as an advocate for SuNica. We hope more than anything that you would return home inspired to do something about spiritual & material poverty, if not with SuNica, then perhaps with another ministry, or even in your own neighborhood.
- Oak City Church / Youth Group - Aug. 1 - Aug. 8, 2020
- Hope Community Church / Landscaping Trip - September 5 - 12, 2020
- Fellowship Raleigh Church / September 26 - October 3, 2020
- Bridgepoint Church / November 7 - 14, 2020
- Hope Community Church / Family Sacred Forest Discipleship Trip - November 21 - 28, 2020
SuNica's 2020 Trip Cost
$1750 per person (Flights included)